Growing up in Junea, Alaska gave me a strong appreciation for the outdoors.
After graduating from San Diego State University with a degree in Elementary Education, I traveled the United States visiting every baseball park.
The pines, cliffs, and scenic beauty of the St. Croix River area reminded me of Alaska, so I decided to make it my permanent home.
I’m just an Alaskan guy in a Wisconsin world! ~ Eric Flinn
All trips may be purchased online.
NO REFUNDS ON ONLINE PURCHASE ~ CALL TO RESCHEDULE
Cash only at Wild River and Taylors Falls Dam locations
- Be safe and help care for the St. Croix River
- No glass bottles
- Bring out everything you bring in, especially trash.
- Respect plants, animals, people and property.
- Never cut vegetation
- Use public toilets or dig a 6" hole at least 100 feet from the water
- Wear your life jacket (required by law for children under 13)
- Currents can be dangerous!
- Alcohol consumption on the river is not advised
- Remember always respect the river.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Reservations are required. We do not usually run out of canoes or kayaks, but a reservation is highly recommended if you want to make sure that a canoe or kayak will be available for you. It gets very busy during peak times in the season.
Yes, it will guarantee you a canoe or kayak but not at the exact time you reserved online. Some days “especially weekends” are a lot busier than others so we can better guide you and your groups to a time that will space you out from the other groups that might be going at that particular time as well.
Eric's Canoe Rentals does not offer refunds. We understand that weather and times can always change so we try to be flexible for you! If you pay in advance, your purchase is good for the entire season so you can reschedule.